Trees and Humanity
“The symbolism – and the substantive significance – of planting a tree has universal power in every culture and every society on Earth, and it is a way for individual men, women and children to participate in creating solutions for the environmental crisis.”
Al Gore, Earth in the Balance
R.K.Foundation strongly encourages the planting of indigenous trees and trees that are appropriate to the local environment.
Trees play a crucial role as fundamental components of the biodiversity that forms the foundation of the living networks and systems that provide us all with health, wealth, food, fuel and vital ecosystem services our lives depend on. They help provide breathable air, drinkable water, fertile soil and a stable climate.
We envision a country where our Youth is in the forefront of nation-building to take action on Climate Change. We work in close cooperation with other local youth climate movement to empower our youth and take their voices into decision making platforms.
- Build and strengthen local youth alliances, the local forest department & the local panchayat development section working towards environmental conservation
- Promote environmental education and information among our youth and communities
- Acknowledge our young Heroes across the region
- Mobilize our Youth to take action on Climate Change
- Campaign to educate youth on climate change
- The goal of our campaign is to reach out to every school child in the region of Bangalore & other regions in Karnataka to encourage them to plant a tree
- We take assistance of those volunteers & other local community members, school teachers who are passionate on Climate Change & actively get involved in tree plantings
- Plant a minimum of 12000 trees
"They are beautiful in their peace; they are wise in their silence. They will stand after we are dust. They teach us, and we tend them." Galeain ip Altiem MacDunelmor
Text Source: United nations environment programme, Environment for development